[Fredslist] WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...

Dana Charlton annienme.7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:09:32 EDT 2015

Fellow Gothamites,

Two days ago, I unknowingly dropped a packet of important passes in the
Metro North Railroad car as I got up at my stop, realizing it only a minute
later when I needed the monthly pass for the shuttle bus ~ but the train
had pulled out of the station.  The packet contained my costly September
commuter ticket, my personal NYC Metro Card, and the security pass for our
office building.  I immediately filed a Lost & Found report with Metro
North and the next morning called them and they were kind enough to connect
me with NYC Transit.  They both said to wait until Friday before purchasing
another September ticket and cancelling my Metro Card.  Tonight, lo and
behold, I went to Metro North's Lost & Found and my property was waiting
for me!!!  A maintenance employee cleaning out the car found and turned it
in on Wednesday night!  All three passes were together!

Why do I say what goes around comes around?  Two years ago at the railroad
station, I found and turned in someone's laptop computer and attache case
and they got them back the next day.  So my good deed turned around to me,
and I hope that the Metro North employee will also have a guardian angel
should he or she need it.  I've already sent a commendation to the railroad!

Mightily grateful,

Dana "Lefty" Charlton