[Fredslist] Gotham makes a difference

Sonia Saleh sonia at upliftingnonprofits.com
Mon Oct 26 16:15:19 EDT 2015

Judith Heft, a Gotham member, donated to the Gotham Foundation.

Her story in her words…

“I donate to the Gotham Foundation because I am honored to be a part of this wonderful organization that gives back to the community in so many ways. I've made so many fabulous friends in Gotham that are like family to me.  I chose Senior Services of Stamford (now Silversource) as my charity  because I've seen first hand how low income senior residents in Stamford, CT
(my hometown) are helped with things such as heating oil, utilities, rent, prescription drugs, eyeglasses, hearing aids, medical transportation, etc.

I was shocked and excited when my charity was announced at the cocktail party. The organization was very surprised and excited to receive the donation. I was a hero!! It came at the beginning of their annual fund raising season which was great!  The money was used for individual assistance.

We all have so many blessings and I know we all probably give to our own favorite charities but this is an opportunity to give back to our Gotham family that gives so much to us. What goes around comes around! “

Thank you Judy for sharing your story! Have you donated to the Gotham Foundation?   Click to donate http://gothamfoundation.org/  Imagine donating $25 and it becomes $5000 for your charity. That’s the power of Gotham!

Keep on making a difference,

Sonia J. T.  Saleh
Uplifting Nonprofits