[Fredslist] Question for NYC real estate attorneys or architects:

Phyllis Dubrow pdubrow at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 21 11:31:09 EDT 2015

Dear Gotham colleagues:

Hoping someone can point me in a direction:  My client is executor of her
aunt's estate and is selling her aunt's multi-family house in Brooklyn.

The Department of Finance classifies it as "C0" - i.e., three family.  The
1927 Certificate of Occupancy says it's a two family.  A picture's attached:
There's also a finished downstairs unit that's described as an "office."

Can someone help me understand whether the Department of Finance is
incorrect (and how to correct it) or, if the downstairs unit actually
qualifies as a living unit, what the process is (and how long it takes) to
get a new Certificate of Occupancy?

Maybe of interest:  Jackie Robinson lived there.

Thanks, as always.

Phyllis E. Dubrow | Attorney at Law

60 East 42nd Street, Suite 4600 | New York NY  10165

T: (212) 661-2885 | F: (212) 409-8682 | E: pdubrow at pipeline.com