[Fredslist] Ride The Circuit LI Real Estate Chapter Wednesday morning October 21

Steve Kirschner skirschner at bottomlinesavings.com
Tue Oct 6 04:46:03 EDT 2015

*Ride the Circuit to the *
* LI Real Estate Chapter!*

> *Wednesday October 21st  *
>
> *        7:30 - 9:30 am*
>
> *   Holiday Inn Hotel   215 Sunnyside Blvd. *
>

> *  Plainview, NY 11803    n /e corner LIE exit 46.*

*A meeting *
*everyone should attend!!!*
*and please*
*"Spread the word"* to your clients,
    colleagues, family and contacts who should financially benefit
    by attending!

*Authority speaker and topic of interest to every major business and
organization!*

*Topic: **Class Action Settlement **Recoveries for **Business Owners* *and**
Profit and Non Profit Organizations. *

*Guest Speaker:*

*Jeffrey Leibell**,*
Jeff is the General Counsel at Financial Recovery Strategies (FRS).  He has
over 35 years of experience in class action settlement administration,
class action law, accounting and auditing.  For over six years, Jeffrey  was
Vice President, Class Action Services at The Garden City Group, Inc. (GCG),
one of the nation’s leading class action settlement administrators.  At
GCG  he advised executive management and class counsel on, and provided to
courts testimony and reports concerning, a variety of class action
settlement administration matters.  Prior to joining GCG, Jeff spent four
years as a defense attorney before joining Bernstein Litowitz Berger &
Grossmann LLP (BLB&G), a leading class action prosecution firm, where over
almost twelve years he recovered billions of dollars for class members.
And as the BLB&G partner responsible for negotiating the terms of and
effecting over $13.5 billion in class action recoveries, Jeff became an
authority on settlement-related legal issues. A Certified Public
Accountant, Jeff received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was a
staff member and the Senior Notes Editor of the Columbia Business Law
Review and twice was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and his B.S., cum laude,
in Accounting from Brooklyn College.

*Sampling of Settlements to be discussed Full Summaries available at the
meeting or on our website at *http://bottomlinesavings.frsco.com

*Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Indirect*:
This *$576,750,000* settlement provides a recovery for purchases of CRT
computers and TVs during the period of *March 1, 1995 to November 25, 2007.*

*Filing Deadline: December 7, 2015.*

*Lithium Ion Battery*:
This settlement will provide a recovery for purchases from January 1, 2000
to May 31, 2011 of products,such as laptops, notebook, tablets, cellular
phones, iPads, replacement batteries, that contain lithium ion technology.
*Settlement Fund and Filing Deadline TBD.*

*Polyfoam Indirect (ideal for healthcare facilities and hotels)*:

This *$151,250,000* settlement provides a recovery for purchases from
January 1, 1999 through August 1, 2015 of products, such as mattresses,
cushioned chairs/sofas, and carpet underlay that contain Flexible
Polyurethane Foam,

which is widely used for cushioning and insulation.
*Filing Deadline: February 29, 2016*.

*Transpacific Passenger Air*:
This *$39,500,000* settlement provides a recovery for purchases January 1,
2000 through the present of at least one flight segment between the U.S.
and Asia/Oceania (excluding Korea Air)
*Filing Deadline: October 13, 2015.*

*Payment Card Settlement*:

This *$5.7 Billion *settlement, which is currently on appeal, will provide
a recovery to merchants that accepted Visa or MasterCard branded credit or
debit cards in the US between January 1, 2004 and November 28, 2012.

*Filing Deadline TBD.  *

No-cost assistance will be available from the Class Administrator and Class
Counsel during the claims-filing period.
For additional settlement information, please visit the court-approved
website at www.PaymentCardSettlement.com
<http://www.paymentcardsettlement.com/> or contact Class Counsel or the
Class Administrator.

**FRS is an asset recovery and cost reduction firm that specializes in,
among other services, class action settlement claims consulting; we are not
a court appointed claims administrator or class counsel. As such, FRS is
paid on an agreed-upon contingent-fee basis only upon and from the recovery
we obtain. Please understand that you have the right to file claims on your
own. No-cost assistance will be available from the Class Administrator and
Class Counsel during the claims-filing period. For additional settlement
information, please visit the court-approved website at
www.PaymentCardSettlement.com <http://www.paymentcardsettlement.com/> or
contact Class Counsel or the Class Administrator

*Register, as soon as possible to reserve your seat using the link below.*

*All attendees must be registered in advance.*

*https://gothamnetworking.isecuresites.com/products/meetings.php?type=1306&PCID=1306:0:0:0:0
<https://gothamnetworking.isecuresites.com/products/meetings.php?type=1306&PCID=1306:0:0:0:0>*

The LI Real Estate Chapter is a unique forum of *"**C" Level Executive
> "Decision Makers"*, that either own or occupy sizable space on LI, employ
> 100 or more people, or are prominent service providers to this
> *entrepreneurial* population.
> *We are an "open" group, no guest restrictions! *
>
>  It is the place where everyone
> *can voice their "problems, solutions**,** insights and visions"** that*
> foster and help their companies and organizations flourish, and become
> financially profitable as possible operating in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.

I will email the attendance roster to all attendees *AFTER* the breakfast.
This enables everyone to provide the most appropriate introductions and new
business opportunities to all attendees.

I look forward to seeing you and your informed contacts on
Wednesday morning October 21st.

*If anyone cannot attend but would like more information about the "Class
Action Settlement Award  topic, presented by Jeff Leibell,   please contact
me and I will be happy to answer your questions, or schedule a
teleconference with someone of authority.  *