[Fredslist] Loaner Power Wheelchair needed

Phyllis Newbert panewbert at theheartsaver.com
Mon Nov 2 16:35:35 EST 2015

Does anyone know a company that would have a power wheelchair that can be
rented temporarily? My father's wheelchair is broken and I have spent all
day waiting for Home Medical Equipment in Garden City to get back to me
with either the part that is needed or a loaner chair and I just called
them again to learn can provide neither at this time.

My father has no choice but to stay in bed unless he has a power wheelchair
to get around.  The portable wheelchair we have is too uncomfortable for
him.  He is totally dependent and needs to be transferred in and out of bed
with a Hoyer lift.

I have also contacted the VA as he is in the home based primary care
program but things take time with them also.

Thank you,

Phyllis
516.318.3123 - cell

*Phyllis Anne Newbert*