[Fredslist] SECURITY STAFFING and SUPERVISORY POSITIONS AVAILABLE

stc.gotham at gmail.com stc.gotham at gmail.com
Sun May 31 15:49:34 EDT 2015

Security Staffing and Supervisory Positions Available

For those of you I have not met while networking within Gotham, I am Steven Campbell, the President of Corporate Security Resources, Inc., formerly a Member of the Gotham Dinner Group, and now a Member of the Gotham Lawyers' Resource Group.

My firm has recently been awarded several new security/reception staffing and management services accounts in Manhattan and Brooklyn.  As such, we are recruiting for FT and PT security guard, security/receptionist and security supervisor positions to staff these accounts on-site.  It should go without saying, but I will anyway, that we are looking for good men AND women, without regard to race, creed, color or anything else.  The emphasis is on GOOD.

These are excellent jobs for recent college graduates wishing to gain valuable security industry experience while they contemplate their next move into law enforcement, security management or graduate/law school.  Not to mention making some respectable money to pay off those pesky bills.  Graduate/law school students will likely be able to study while working during the quieter times.  Yes, I said paid to study.  Where were these jobs when I was young?

Alternately, these are also excellent jobs for early retirees looking to do some productive and respectable work PT while writing that novel or between golf games, and also for those re-entering the workplace after raising a family and/or being a caretaker for a family member or friend and now available again for employment.

Candidates should be interested in customer service, hospitality, private security and/or criminal justice careers.  College education and relevant past work experience is preferable.

All successful candidates MUST obtain/renew NYS Security Guard Certification as part of the hiring process.  That means a background investigation will be conducted by both NY authorities and Corporate Security Resources.  Be forewarned, if there is something there we will find it.  And it will likely disqualify the candidate given the nature of the job.  So it is best to be candid about these things up front.

It is important to note that these are security related positions requiring the personal, physical and professional “presence” one would expect in enforcement oriented positions.  These are not clerical or administrative “starter” jobs for the otherwise unemployable kid next door.  Dress code is business suits for men and women.  Verbal and written communication skills are paramount.  Atmosphere is professional plus.

Bottom line - the pay and experience opportunity is exceptional for the right people.

Resumes and cover letters should be sent to: employment.csr at gmail.com, with GOTHAM noted in the subject line.  That is a busy email box so following that direction is important.   Resumes should not be sent to me directly as they will get "lost in the pile” and, more importantly, it will be indicative that the applicant Is not good at following directions.

So please give some thought to any potential candidates you may know who might fit the bill and appreciate the opportunity.  For what it is worth, we pay a $250 finders fee to anyone who refers a candidate that we hire.  Repeat, that we hire.  So do a person you know who is starting or restarting their career, or someone simply looking for supplemental income, a favor by referring them to my firm.  And get a little change for yourself to take someone out for dinner!  They, you and your date, and I will all win.

Thank you,
Steven Campbell.

Steven T. Campbell
President