[Fredslist] Cruising on the Danube - Spring 2016

Lynn Amos lynn at fynelyne.com
Fri May 29 20:02:38 EDT 2015

Hi Gothamites,

I am not in the travel profession, but I am trying to put together a group
to CRUISE THE DANUBE NEXT SPRING  -- there is a great promotion going on
and we can get some perks if our group is big enough. Gotham is full of
fun, interesting people who I'd love to travel with so I am hoping that
some of you will reply that you are interested.

Information follows, below. Please reply to me with your choice of date and
cruise.

Best,
Lynn

TWO CRUISE CHOICES
The categories of staterooms on the ship is A through E, with A the most
expensive step out balcony on the top deck and E, a picture window that
does not open.

The least expensive time is late March/early April.  We have some
wonderful cost-saving travel deals with Viking cruises. It is a 2-for-1
cruise fare plus $1,000 off the air, with roundtrip airfare from JFK for
only $395 per person!

ROMANTIC DANUBE
Sailing March 25, 26, 27, April 1 and 2
Cat E, window: $2231 per person
Cat D, French windows, which is a sliding glass door: $2831
Cat B, Veranda, which is a step out balcony where you can sit outside:
$3331
http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/romantic-danube/2015-budapest-nuremberg/itinerary.html

DANUBE WALTZ
Sailing April 8 and 9
Cat E, window: $2831
Cat D, French windows: $3431
Cat B, Veranda: $3931
http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/danube-waltz/2015-budapest-passau/itinerary.html#itinerary_day_4

ROUNDTRIP AIRFARE FROM JFK: $395 PER PERSON
There is discounted air from all airports in the US.

PAYMENT:
Deposit is $500 per person
Final payment if you take the $395 air is June 30; if you just want cruise
alone with discounted air, then the final payment is December 18, 2015
The pricing includes tax and port charges.

THERE ARE PRE- AND POST-CRUISE HOTEL AND TOURS:
Prague: 3 nights at the Hilton plus breakfast and one day tour, $749 per
person
Budapest: 2 nights at the Hilton plus breakfast and a one day tour, $399
per person