[Fredslist] HELP SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS - COME ONE, COME ALL – THURSDAY, JUNE 4TH TO BEAUTIFUL BELMONT PARK!

Vincent Petraro vpetraro at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:13:03 EDT 2015

*COME ONE, COME ALL – THURSDAY, JUNE 4TH TO BEAUTIFUL BELMONT PARK!*

Many of you know that I am involved with a group called the Community
Mayors – it has nothing to do with politics but rather is a not-for-profit
that serves Special Needs Children.  We do this by taking them on day trips
for recreational therapy.  We also have a summer camp program to give their
parents a respite.  We have no paid staff and are all volunteers.  Take a
look at our website for more information:   *http://www.communitymayors.org
<http://www.communitymayors.org/>*.  Our most famous event is Operation
Santa Claus, held every December at JFK Airport.  Over 4,000 Special Needs
Children come to a hangar provided by the Port Authority and Macy’s Santa
(the real Santa according to the Supreme Court of the State of New York –
just check Miracle on 34th Street!) enters the hangar on a Delta Airplane
and the crowd erupts!  All the Children share a great day and then take a
bag of gifts home!

On Thursday, June 4th, beginning at 11:30 AM, the Community Mayors will be
hosting a special luncheon event at Belmont Race Track, 2150 Hempstead
Turnpike, Elmont, NY  11003.  June 4th is “Charity Day” at Belmont Park and
the Community Mayors is the designated Charity for the day!  Some of our
Special Children will be attending and visiting the paddock and the jockey
room.  Additionally, June 4th is two days prior to the Belmont Stakes and
the New York Racing Association is going all out to make June 4th an extra
special day.  Not just celebrating various charities but also presenting
two stakes races, the Intercontinental ($150,000 Purse) and the Astoria
($250,000 Purse).

 The Community Mayors will be sponsoring a buffet luncheon, in an
air-conditioned room, overlooking the track.  Tickets are priced at
*$50.00* per
person for the scrumptious lunch.  This is sure to be a fun day of racing
and eating and helping a great charity!  Additionally, the New York Racing
Association is providing a prize of a seating for four (4) in their
Champagne Room for the Belmont stakes to be held June 6th – this is a
$2,000.00 Value!  We will either auction it off or use it as a raffle prize
or both (two seats per prize)!!

For reservations for the luncheon and further information, please contact
Vincent Petraro at *212-736-0525, extension 201
<212-736-0525%2C%20extension%20201>* or via email at *vpetraro at gmail.com
<vpetraro at gmail.com>*.