[Fredslist] Shaw's Major Barbara presented in downtown Brooklyn

Stephen Michel stevem671 at aol.com
Wed May 6 09:20:09 EDT 2015

 Hi All

As a member of the Board of Brave New World Theater Company, a Brooklyn based professional theater company; I would like to invite you to see our presentation of Shaw's Major Barbara. See below for a flyer on The Company and the play.

Don't be fooled by the low ticket price. This Company consists of professional actors, who donate their services, in order to present live theater in areas of Brooklyn.

Hope to see you there.

Stephen Michel
216 10th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
(C) 917-593-8970
SteveM671 at aol.com
www.LinkedIn.com/in/StephenMichel

Email not displaying correctly?               View it in your browser.

               O brave new world,
 That has such people in't!
                The Tempest, Act V: Sc. 1

                  Dear BNW Friends Old and New,

ONLY Brave New World Rep makes theatre all over Brooklyn: literally on the sidewalks and in the parks and historic venues of our many remarkable neighborhoods, so that working families can conveniently enjoy free and low cost theatre at a fraction of the price of an evening in Manhattan. From living rooms to Celebrate Brooklyn!, from the Coney Island Boardwalk to the Waterfront Museum Barge in Red Hook, our Brooklyn-based theatre professionals have staged great classics and new works by Brooklyn writers in 21 neighborhoods:

                    Boerum Hill, Bushwick, Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Columbia Street Waterfront District, Coney Island, Ditmas Park, Flatbush, Fort Greene, Gowanus, Greenpoint, Park Slope, Prospect Lefferts Garden, Prospect Park, Prospect Park South, Red Hook, Stuyvesant Heights, Sunset Park, Williamsburg and Windsor Terrace.

We have been recognized by L Magazine's 25 Best Stage Shows of 2013, as a New York Magazine's Critic's Pick, a Village Voice Choice, a NY Times Sunday Arts and Leisure featured story, awarded two proclamations by the Brooklyn Borough President and been written about in three books.

BUT... with such low ticket prices every single production continues to be a struggle to fund.

Don't be fooled by the hip factor; Brooklyn still has cultural deserts!                      In order for us to present free, outdoor theatre in outlying areas, and to expand our programming, we need YOU to help by purchasing tickets to our indoor productions and to join us as MEMBERS!

George Bernard Shaw's                      Major Barbara, directed by Producing Artistic Director Shannon Sindelar                      opens on                      MAY 7th                      at First Unitarian Church in Brooklyn Heights (info below).

Our sincere thanks for being a part of the BNW family;                      we look forward to seeing you!

Warm regards,

Claire Beckman, Co-Founder/Board Chair

John Morgan, Co-Founder/Associate Artistic Director

 Major Barbara
 by George Bernard Shaw
 Directed by Shannon Sindelar

100 years after its premiere on Broadway, Major Barbara’s examination of government funded war and the nature of power stands the test of time. In this comedy, George Bernard Shaw pits Salvation Army officer Barbara against her armaments manufacturer father, and questions how human dignity and even faith can be bought. The McKinney Chapel at First Unitarian Church in Brooklyn Heights will house this minimalist production, presented in one act. Staged in an alley configuration, an explosive environment emerges through a stripped-down, ‘poor theatre’ approach.

With: Brian Argotsinger*, Doug Barron*, David Frutkoff*, Zoë Geltman, Joe Godley, Lisa Hickman, Leslie Marseglia, Alice Barrett Mitchell*, Grace Rao, Julia Schonberg, Christopher Tilley, Brandon J. Vukovic* and Ian Whitt

Set and lighting design by Patrick Rizzotti; Costume design by Martina Nevermann; Sound design by Erik T. Lawson; Fight choreography by John Edmond Morgan; Production stage manager: Paige Barnes

7p.m.
 May 6 (preview), 7, 13, 22, 23, 29 and 30

First Unitarian Church, McKinney Chapel
 116 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
 2/3 to Clark; N/R to Court; 4/5 to Borough Hall; A/C/F to Jay Street-Metrotech
 Map

The box office opens at 6:30p.m. on performance nights.
 Ticket prices: $15 preview (May 6), $18 general; $25 premium, reserved seating
 Purchase Tickets online or call 212-352-3101

*Appearing courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association

 Join us Thursday, May 7th for an opening night cocktail party at the home of Board member Vicki Eastus and Edward Janger
 Tickets are $50 and include admission to the performance and a cocktail reception with the artists after the show. (Show only is $18/$25)

These programs are supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, as well as The Howard Gilman Foundation, The Brooklyn Community Foundation, The Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York, The Dramatists Guild, and many generous supporters.

               Brave New World Repertory Theatre is a company of Brooklyn-based theatre professionals dedicated to creating dynamic productions of classic plays, as well as new works by Brooklyn writers. The company performs in unique and historic Brooklyn venues, reaching out to under-served audiences to promote a love of theatre.

On Twitter? On Facebook?
 "Follow" and "Like" us for updates and special offers!

 Our mailing address is:

               Brave New World Repertory Theatre

303 Westminster Rd
                Brooklyn,                 New York                 11218

               Add us to your address book

 Copyright (C) 2015 Brave New World Repertory Theatre All rights reserved.

               Forward this email to a friend
               Update your profile