[Fredslist] NEEDED: Affordable housing Town of Hempstead / Therapist affiliated So Nassau Hospital

Steve Kirschner skirschner at bottomlinesavings.com
Thu Aug 27 15:16:36 EDT 2015

Dear Gotham Family,

My sister Ash Epstein has suffered several tragedies in the last 2 years.

In October 2012 you may recall she lost her apartment in Long Beach to
Hurricane Sandy.

After being homeless for several months she finally found a small apartment
in Oceanside.

Her husband was killed in an auto accident in December 2013.
Her beloved 12 year old chihuahua died 4 months ago.

She is now battling breast cancer, under going chemo therapy which will be
followed by 6 weeks of radiation therapy.

South Nassau Hospital under their charity need program is paying all her
health care expenses above what her major medical covers.

This is a *HUGE *blessing.
She fortunately is receiving very excellent care and has the best of
oncologists treating and monitoring her.

Understandably with all that she has physically and emotionally had to
endure, and is currently experiencing, my sister needs professional
psychological counseling to help her emotionally stay mentally strong
enough to sustain what she is going through and has recently survived.

*Please inform me if someone knows a qualified psychologist, psychiatrist
or social worker that is affiliated with South Nassau Hospital. Their
affiliation here is necessary so that all her medical fees for their
services are totally covered.  *
My sister is a licensed massage therapist but had to stop seeing her
patients not being physically able to perform her massages.
Consequently her income is limited to working (3) days a week for a dental
surgeon as his manager and receptionist.

Finances made it necessary for her to give up her apartment and she has
been living with friends recently in Baldwin, and now in Long Beach.

She is unable to collect her widow's survivor social security income until
her cancer treatment is over. If she were to receive this income her
charity benefits at South Nassau Hospital would be lost because her income
would exceed their minimum guidelines.

Mentally and practically she must find permanent housing of her own.

She is on a waiting list for affordable housing in the Town of Hempstead,
but there is no way to determine how long this wait will take.
.

*Does anyone know someone who has "influence" in the Town Of Hempstead that
can help "speed up" her placement on the waiting list (without jeopardizing
it) for an affordable apartment?*
Being 63, and not 65 or over, I understand also negatively effects her
situation.

*My sister truly need some **"Gotham Magic"*
*!!*

*Thank you for your help and your prayers.*

Steve

Group Coordinator NY Real Estate Chapter
Co-Chair and Group Coordinator LI Real Estate Chapter

[image:
https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/VsVxpF9Tji5t471F6G3u/convert?w=150&h=55&fit=clip]

*Steve Kirschner *| VP Business Development

BOTTOM LINE CONCEPTS, LLC  Direct: 516 528 2288
skirschner at bottomlinesavings.com | Fax: (646) 304-6077
152 West 57th Street - 27th FL, New York, NY 10019
www.BottomLineSavings.com <http://www.bottomlinesavings.com/>