[Fredslist] Need help with wording on contract with Indian Vendor

RitaSue Siegel RitaSue at ritasue.com
Fri Aug 7 15:00:50 EDT 2015

2. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian and US laws and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian courts.

We are using a firm in India to do research for our firm.  We have used other Indian vendors in the past but were never confronted with a paragraph such as #2 above.  Of course we will not consider submitting to the "non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian courts," whatever that means, but we do not have a substitute to suggest. The vendor is sympathetic and waiting for our suggestion for a substitute for this paragraph.

Is there anyone in Gotham who can help?

Thanks in advance,

RS

RitaSue Siegel | Partner | President | IDSA, AIGA, DMI

RitaSue Siegel Resources | ritasue at ritasue.com
17 West 54 Street | 10019 | mobile 917 806 3947
Skype RitaSueSiegel | Free: Getting a Design Job  http://www.ritasue.com/downloads/Get_a_Design_Job_2008.pdf
http://www.idsa.org/ritasue-siegel-resources | http://www.ritasue.com<http://www.ritasue.com/>