[Fredslist] Looking for an elder care lawyer

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Wed Aug 5 12:09:34 EDT 2015

>From an old friend of mine who is try to help a friend and neighbor.

I have a dear friend whose husband is  fast declining in health and will require home care. She has been trying to get our co-op board to accept an asset separation < I think!> so he may apply and then qualify for Medicaid.

Her lawyer has been trying to make headway but with no luck. Do you know a lawyer  familiar   with and has expertise in those 2 areas  1) medicaid and 2) coop law. The lawyer has caught the board's attention on the real estate aspect but has not been able to persuade it over how to justify this separation of assets by citing a medicaid approach.

Otherwise, the emergent circumstance will become dire and rapid.. If any of you,many of whom are in law, knows how to approach this situation or knows of someone who can help please let me know.

many thanks;

Please send me any suitable leads on the right attorney for this difficult.  Thanks in advance.

Lucas J. Meyer
5th Street Advisors, LLC
Registered Investment Advisor
34 Fifth Street