[Fredslist] Fwd: Next Book Club Selection-

Fred Klein FKlein at kleinzelman.com
Fri Apr 17 09:07:27 EDT 2015

I'm listening to the book and one message I'm receiving is that one can do well being a big fish in a small pond (Nassau CC). A must read.

Please see below and join us.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Buscarello <john at buscarello.com<mailto:john at buscarello.com>>
Date: April 15, 2015 at 1:50:14 PM EDT
To: Freds List <Fredslist at gothamnetworking.com<mailto:Fredslist at gothamnetworking.com>>
Subject: [Fredslist] Next Book Club Selection-

Frank Bruni’s piece in the Times this past Sunday highlights the epidemic of teen suicide in America - he writes:

"Between May 2009 and January 2010, five Palo Alto teenagers ended their lives by stepping in front of trains…..Children here grow up in the shadow of Stanford University, which established a new precedent for exclusivity during the recent admissions season, accepting just 5 percent of its applicants.”

Bruni’s new book - "Where You Go is Not Who You'll Be” - will be the focus of our next book club selection….he states:

 “Where we go to college will have infinitely less bearing on our fulfillment in life than so much else: the wisdom with which we choose our romantic partners; our interactions with the communities that we inhabit; our generosity toward the families we inherit and the families that we make.”

Do you agree? Join the conversation on April 30th - 8 - 9 pm.

http://www.gothamnetworking.com/m/book/home/

John A. Buscarello, ASID
John A. Buscarello, Inc. - Interior Design
27 West 20th Street, Suite # 1206
New York, NY 10011
212-691-5881   /   917-796-0101
john at buscarello.com<mailto:john at buscarello.com>