[Fredslist] Volunteers needed for Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse kayak program

Stephen Michel stevem671 at aol.com
Thu Apr 9 12:55:55 EDT 2015

Hi All

I volunteer with the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse kayaking program. They sponsor free kayaking on Thursday evenings and Saturday. They also have a kayak polo program on Sunday mornings. The following is a blurb looking for volunteers. But if you can't volunteer, but just want to get on the water or learn to play kayak polo, come on down.

  "Do you like volunteering? Do you like sun, fun and enjoying Brooklyn? Come volunteer with the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse! The Boathouse is a non-profit organization that offers free kayaking programs in Brooklyn Bridge Park throughout the summer-- and we need your help.  Volunteering is easy-- no experience necessary-- we'll teach you everything you need to know.  Volunteers of all ages and abilities welcome! For more info and to sign-up, go to                       http://www.bbpboathouse.org/volunteer-with-us/ "

If you come down, say hi.  I am usually on the water as a safety boater or on the dock showing people how to paddle.

Also if interested in meeting people in the boathouse, we are having a fundraiser on Thursday May 14th fro 7 to 10 PM at the Brooklyn Roasting Company; 25 Jay Street in Dumbo. Tickets online are $20 and include drinks and raffle tickets. Raffle prizes include Eli Manning signed football, beer making class, brunch for two in Park Slope, gift certificate to coal oven pizza place in neighborhood, plus a lot more.

Stephen Michel
671 President Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
(C) 917-593-8970