[Fredslist] Last call and Thank you!!

Lawrence Sprung lsprung at mitlinfinancial.com
Wed Sep 3 10:37:44 EDT 2014

Dear Tribe:

This is the last call for our incredible golf outing next Monday, September 8th at Indian Hills in Northport.  I would like to encourage anyone that can support this event to contact me ASAP or register online right away.  In addition, a big thank you to those of you who have already registered or committed to supporting our event!!

As a reminder as to why we do this event, in September 2004 I lost my wife's brother, Keith Milano, to suicide.

In response to this tragic event, I have decided to focus my fundraising efforts on educating and raising awareness about mental illness and suicide.  These issues have affected many more people than I ever imagined.  It does not matter where I go or whom I speak with, everyone seems to have been touched by this.  Yet these topics, tend to be pushed aside and not spoken about.  I am willing to speak about my own experiences and I am willing to listen to yours.

In order to raise awareness and monies for this worthwhile cause, I am involved in organizing the 10th Annual Keith Milano Memorial Golf Outing being held at Indian Hills Country Club on Monday, September 8, 2014.  The proceeds from this event will fund the Keith Milano Memorial Fund at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).  You can learn more about The Keith Milano Memorial Fund and AFSP by visiting www.keithmilanomemorialfund.org<http://www.keithmilanomemorialfund.org> or www.afsp.org<http://www.afsp.org> respectively.

Last year with your assistance we raised over $80,000, this year our goal is to break $100,000.   The roughly $600,000 raised over the past 9 years, has been used to fund research grants as well as awareness programs. We proudly helped sponsor More Than Sad, a program that educates high school students on mental illness, the warning signs and where to turn.  Most recently the fund was a major contributor for a film on bipolar disorder education that is being distributed to physicians to help educate them on the disease.

You can help us to reach this goal in one of four ways:

1) Join us for a fantastic day of golf, food and fun.
2) If you are not a golfer, enjoy the cocktail hour and reception with us.
3) Be an event sponsor, purchase a tee sign or flag, or donate a raffle prize.
4) Support us with a donation

Please take time to visit: http://bit.ly/Utv1OK to register for the outing, come to dinner only, purchase a sponsorship, tee sign or customized golf flag.  You can also simply make a monetary donation to the fund.
If you have any questions about the event or being a sponsor, feel free to give me a call at (631) 952-4466 x11.
Whether you golf, join us for the cocktail hour and dinner, become a sponsor or make a donation, please find it in your heart to support us.  This is a cause that needs to be spoken about and discussed in order to help those who suffer, have suffered or know someone suffering from mental illness.
In advance, my wife Denise and I appreciate all the support,
Sincerely,

Lawrence D. Sprung, CFP(r)
President
Mitlin Financial, Inc.
(631) 952-4466
www.mitlinfinancial.com<http://www.mitlinfinancial.com/>

Please visit my blog at www.lawrencesprung.com<http://www.lawrencesprung.com/>

Please Follow Us on  Twitter [Twitter Logo] <https://twitter.com/MitlinFinancial>

Investments | Financial Planning | Insurance| Estate Planning | Asset Management

Please be advised that communications regarding trades in your account are for informational purposes only.  You should continue to rely on confirmations and statements received from the custodian(s) of your assets.  The text of this communication is confidential, and use by any person who is not the intended recipient is prohibited.  Any person who receives this communication in error is requested to immediately destroy the text of this communication without copying or further dissemination.  Your cooperation is appreciated.

For your protection, please do not send confidential information such as social security numbers and account numbers via email.