[Fredslist] Art Appraiser

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Wed Oct 15 12:44:00 EDT 2014

Hello Along The Network,

I have an oil painting I inherited from my mother, signed by the artist, George Bunn and dated 1896.  He's neither famous nor particularly obscure, but the painting certainly is decorative, and I'm planning on reframing it and hanging it in my den/sunroom.  While I don't need a full blown appraisal, I'd like to know more or less what the thing is worth for insurance purposes.  Anyone out there know of someone who could give me a ballpark figure?  It depicts a harbor scene, which Bunn seems to have specialized in.

Thanks,

Lucas J. Meyer, Co-Networker of the Year

Lucas J. Meyer
5th Street Advisors, LLC
Registered Investment Advisor
34 Fifth Street