[Fredslist] Gotham Networking Magic

Gerald Goldhaber geraldgoldhaber at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 13:53:22 EDT 2014

Everyone at Gotham at one point or another has asked or thought about asking the question, "What's in it for me?"  At Gotham, our motto is, "What goes around, comes around and it's better to give than receive.  Here is a personal experience that may motivate some of you who may be a bit cynical about this motto.  Judy Moceri, GC of Gotham's Lawyer's Resource Group and I recently held a joint meeting with our Expert Witness Group.  As people introduced themselves, I noted that the co-Chair of the group, Tom Hanik, was giving Continuing Legal Education courses for an organization called NACLE (National Academy of Continuing Legal Education).  I met Tom at the end of the meeting and asked if he could put me in touch with someone at this organization so I could explore offering a seminar periodically on my expertise: Failure to Warn issues in Products Liability/Personal Injury litigation.  Within a week of my request, I was contacted by the head of
 this organization who asked me to prepare a course outline and handouts for my 2 hour seminar which his organization would tape at a NYC Law firm (client of mine) and then syndicate for distribution and CLE credit not only to all lawyers attending the seminar at my client's office (they would get the credits for free, a course worth about $100/lawyer) but to thousands of lawyers in the U.S. who would buy the DVD and get CLE credit for my course.  This is a win for everyone involved.  My client gets a free CLE course worth thousands of dollars to its lawyers who take the course; NACLE gets revenue from those lawyers who buy the course; and I get an opportunity to reach thousands of lawyers nationally who may be interested in my expertise.
THIS IS GOTHAM MAGIC AT WORK!   Thank you, Tom Hanik, for demonstrating how "It is Better to Give than Receive".  Later, in April, the leaders of both of our groups will meet at my offices to discuss further ways our two groups can collaborate to the benefit of all members.  This is Gotham at its best!  This is the Gotham Magic!  Dr. Gerry Goldhaber, Chair and GC, Gotham Expert Witness Group

Gerald M. Goldhaber, Ph.D.President and CEO
GRA, LLC
800 6th Avenue, Suite 26G
New York, NY 10001

(212)379-6661 (O)(917)279-2303 (Cell)