[Fredslist] Battle of Bands Success for all

Laraine E. Schwartz lschwartz5300 at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 11:39:47 EDT 2014

The party yesterday, Sunday, March 16 was all in Queens at the second annual Battle of the Bands.  For me it was a great opportunity to be a judge (life long ambition that has been satisfied) and to feel young and vibrant listening to rockers and jazz musicians pour their hearts out with songs and beats, lyrics and instruments that they have practiced for so many years.  The warm up was the pre-game, the tailgate of the Battle, and it was an opportunity for me to hang out with the early birds, amongst them, Justin Bonus, whose musical ken is entertaining on its own.  It was a good choice of judges (if I may say so) five of us focused throughout, seriously considering all of the variables and rooting for all of the groups.  Had to have a winner, the Chordless Trio,  a lovely jazz trio, who were clearly on a professional level above the rest, but one that we hope the others will aspire to with more time and practice.  Thanks Fred, Norm and Corey. Good job. Great day. For more on the Battle of the Bands, stay tuned for tomorrow's blog by Shelley Simpson

Laraine E. Schwartz, Esq.
Winograd and Schwartz
Attorneys at Law, PC
440 60th Street, Suite 206