[Fredslist] Job oppty

ruth at 1010optics.com ruth at 1010optics.com
Mon Mar 3 22:35:56 EST 2014

POSITION: Manager of Jewish Relief Agency NJ Metro West

ABOUT JRA: The Jewish Relief Agency (JRA) provides supplemental food packages to low-income households.  In one year, we have built a volunteer corps of people from all ages and backgrounds who deliver JRA relief packages to the homes of our clients.  The agency stands alone as an innovator in its hands-on door-to-door approach. JRA never turns away a person in need, regardless of their age, religion, sex, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.  Each food relief box weighs approximately 15 pounds and contains a variety of kosher nutritious pantry items such as tuna, pasta, cereal, canned vegetables, and canned fruit. In addition to the pantry items, each box also contains seasonal fresh produce items such as potatoes, apples, and carrots. JRA began in January 2012 with 5 volunteers and 10 recipient households. Today, JRA is one of the largest providers of food relief in the region, and seeks to end hunger insecurity. http://www.jewishrelief.org/metrowest-nj/

JOB SUMMARY:  We seek a passionate and qualified person to fill the role of running our day-to-day operations. Although the role is expanding, we predict that the work requires a 20-hour week commitment.  The candidate should possess strong organizational, people, and writing skills.

The manager's responsibilities include:

1.     Volunteer management

2.     Client management

3.     Operations

4.     Development

VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
JRA volunteers come from a  cross-section of the community: young families, bnei mitzvah students, high-school students & staff,  college students, corporate sponsorship, retirees.

·       Maintain volunteer database/mailing list by collecting information on new volunteers and updating existing volunteer information.

·       Communicate with volunteers by sending out monthly email about upcoming JRA Day.

·       Manage volunteer RSVP's for JRA Day by assigning routes and anticipating attendance.

·       Coordinate Bnei Mitzvah projects

·       Attend each JRA day to assist with smooth operations and be the point person in charge of everything who has knowledge of the overall picture.

·       Explore new avenues of volunteer recruitment and networking opportunities.

CLIENT MANAGEMENT
For many JRA recipient households, the food from JRA means the difference between having enough to eat and going without. We serve people from all walks of life including families with young children, unemployed, people living with mental or physical disabilities, elderly people living on fixed incomes struggling to make ends meet,  immigrants and refugees.

·       Communicate with organizations such as JFS, JCC, Circle of Friends and others to both send them cases and receive new recipients.

·       Review and enter new applicants into our database.

·       Amend/update database after each JRA distribution based on feedback from clients and volunteers.

·       Route management which includes preparation for distribution day.

·       Write monthly newsletter.

 OPERATIONS

·       Explore opportunities and create relationships with local grocers and food distributors.

·       Manage Facebook/Twitter account

·       Handle donations, which includes depositing checks, recording information, and sending out thank you/receipts for donations.

·       Keep up to date with stock in warehouse by meeting periodically with warehouse manager and making recommends for future deliveries (not responsible to keep stock - warehouse manager will do this).

·       Collect mail from RCA office.

·       Keep documentation in order.

·       Management pushka and food collection boxes.

·       Ensure that website is up-to-date by sending updates to our programmer.

DEVELOPMENT

·       Network and create cross-community relationships with synagogues, community centers, Jewish federation of greater MetroWest JCC.

·       Schedule parlor meetings and educational workshops to educate and fundraise for JRA.

·       Evaluate marketing and publicity opportunities and recommend the creation of flyers, magnets, Pushkas, etc. (we have designers on hand).

·       Discover and apply for grants.

·       Seek donations or cheap food supply from local grocers and food distributors.

·       Identify fundraising opportunities

Please send a resume to aaron at jewishrelief.org.

Ruth H. Domber,
10/10 Optics, NYC
www.1010optics.com