[Fredslist] Question on "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann circa 1973

Adrian Walter-Ginzburg adrianwg at caringtransitions.net
Fri Jun 20 14:58:51 EDT 2014

Those are the words as far as I know.  Remember 1973??

Adrian Walter-Ginzburg, PhD
President and CEO
Caring Transitions of NYC
646-726-7510
Adrianwg at caringtransitions.net<mailto:Adrianwg at caringtransitions.net>
Www.caringtransitions.net/newyorkny<http://Www.caringtransitions.net/newyorkny>
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 20, 2014, at 14:36, "Michelle Maratto" <MMaratto at itkowitz.com<mailto:MMaratto at itkowitz.com>> wrote:

I was in a bagel store this morning and Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann (written, I think, by Bruce Springsteen) came on really loud.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBifX0H3yg.  Maybe it was the nice morning, maybe I got enough sleep for a change last night, or maybe the sound system in the bagel store was just a really good one...but I suddenly remembered how much I loved this song growing up.

Here's the thing.  I am almost 47 years old and I have NO IDEA what the lyrics really are.  Yes, I understand that you can look them up on the internet.  But I refuse to believe that they are saying:

Blinded by the light,
Revved up like a deuce,
Another runner in the night.

???  No.

And I simply do not think that, "The calliope crashed to the ground."   Really?

Does anyone have any insight on this important question?

Michelle

Michelle Maratto Itkowitz
Partner
Itkowitz PLLC
26 Broadway, 21st Floor
New York, New York 10004
P: (646) 822-1805
F: (212) 822-1401
mmaratto at itkowitz.com<mailto:mmaratto at itkowitz.com>
http://www.itkowitz.com<http://www.itkowitz.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. Do not read this if you are not the person (s) named. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner; you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.