[Fredslist] INTERNATIONAL PRESS COVERAGE opportunities

Cindy Fields c.fields at zikhara.com
Mon Jun 16 16:54:44 EDT 2014

The Foreign Press Association of New York [FPA] is open to partnering with
individuals, businesses, non-profits, media organizations, and
communications companies, on events of interest to its members.  Criteria
include the following:

.         The event should appeal to the international media.  The more
"newsworthy" the better, but fun and interesting also work

.         The FPA does not have its own venue, and looks to its partners to
provide events/meeting space

.         Early evening events seem to work best, but we are flexible on
date and time

.         Food and refreshments attract more people and are recommended, but
not necessary

Events with individual companies/organizations can attract a range of
reporters depending upon interest.  For really compelling events, 20+
journalist could be expected from our organization alone, and more through
our invitation of other press organizations/media.  Restrictions can be
imposed [i.e., active press only] depending upon focus, topic and need.

About the organization:  Founded in 1918, the Foreign Press Association of
New York [FPA] is the pre-eminent non-governmental organization representing
international journalists in the U.S.  With about 400 members from more than
50 countries, the FPA offers orientation and networking opportunities; news
making and educational events that bring members together with political,
business, and other leaders; and a range of valuable member benefits and
services.

If you have any proposal(s) to discuss, feel free to contact me directly.

Cindy

Events Committee Member

Foreign Press Association of New York

Cindy A. Fields, President