[Fredslist] Can anyone shed light on an "Insurance Trustee"?

Bruce Swicker bswicker at frenkel.com
Thu Jul 17 06:49:04 EDT 2014

I have a client who is reviewing condominium documents and has come across a reference to the need to appoint an "Insurance Trustee" in the event of a major loss (in this case, the threshold is apparently $40,000 or more) to the building.

While I have found some information online at the Community Association Institute website, I haven't been successful finding anyone with personal experience with this.  Can anyone in the Greater Gotham Family shed some light?

Thanks,
BRS

Bruce R. Swicker
Vice President, Lawyers Program