[Fredslist] World Cup Trivia (not so trivial, however)

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Fri Jul 11 11:23:23 EDT 2014

Back in 1978 when Argentina beat Holland in Buenos Aires, there was absolute pandemonium in the streets of the city (and the rest of the country, presumably), and they kept shouting, over and over again,  "El que no salta es un holandes!!!"  Which means, "Anyone not jumping for joy must be a Dutchman!!!"  And that's what we were chanting after Argentina beat Holland the other day.  Problem is that my wife is half-Dutch, and she speaks the language fluently.  But having been born and raised in Buenos Aires, of course she was rooting for Argentina.

I wonder after Argentina defeats Germany (who are very, very tough-just ask the Brazilians) the fans will yell, "El que no salta es  un aleman!!!"  "Aleman" means German in Spanish.

Lucas J. Meyer
5th Street Advisors, LLC
Registered Investment Advisor
34 Fifth Street