[Fredslist] seeking a consultant to help me with an application for an HPD Certificate of Non-Harassment

Michelle Maratto MMaratto at itkowitz.com
Mon Jan 20 14:01:01 EST 2014

Hi,

I have a client who is in a big litigation over his building with a former net tenant.  When the net tenant vacated, he took all his sro sub-tenants with him.  So he did us a huge favor by vacating the building for us.  Weird, I know, but true.  You can't make this stuff up.  I do not have any reason to believe that these sro tenants were harassed on the way out.  Nevertheless, I am not about to start the application to HPD for a certificate of non-harassment and I feel vulnerable about it because I have so little info on the people who were in there and why they all left in such a hurry.  Because the building is still in a litigation, because it is a valuable manhattan property, because it was a net lease for so long and my client just got possession back, and because it is such a wacky situation - I was wondering if anyone knows of an architect or expediter or other consultant who specialized in Certificates of Non-Harassment.  Or who, at least, really knows their way around them.  Not looking for free advice, client is willing to pay.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of this three day weekend,

Michelle
(347) 245-0602

p.s. Last Thursday's Gotham Real Estate Chapter meeting was so awesome!  I learn so much at every one of these things but last week's was really great.  It's worth it to go just for the information you gather.  There is no place like this.

Michelle A. Maratto
Partner
Itkowitz PLLC
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10007
P: (646) 822-1805
F: (212) 822-1401
mmaratto at itkowitz.com<mailto:mmaratto at itkowitz.com>
http://www.itkowitz.com<http://www.itkowitz.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. Do not read this if you are not the person (s) named. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner; you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.