[Fredslist] may I humbly suggest..

Catherine Avery resovate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 15:10:44 EST 2014

Marc and Gotham,

May I add another thought? This came up at the fantastic Make A Difference
meeting on Monday.

If you are searching for someone in a particular industry, perhaps you
could state

Does anyone in Gotham do x in y town/county/state?

Two reasons:

1. It allows the Gotham person to have the first chance to respond and help
you. We Gothamites love to help!

2. Indicating where the need is located helps me to know if I can help you.
For example, I know lots of people in CT but not so many on Long Island. I
will see someone asking for say a home inspector. I know a great one in CT
but he is not going to travel to Long Island. I am much more likely to
answer your request if I know that I can help you! After all I don't want
to flood someone's inbox unnecessarily.

Thanks everyone! And thank Marc for bringing up a great way we can all
better serve one another!

Catherine Avery
resovateofficedesign.com
203.273.0898