[Fredslist] Need direction from the real estate/construction pros:

Phyllis E. Dubrow pdubrow at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 6 11:13:05 EST 2014

Dear Gotham real estate pros:

Clients bought a recently-renovated two-family house in Queens last summer
from the developer who did the renovation.

The son-in-law called me to tell me he'd just learned that the brand-new
boiler is inadequate for the building - and there's no insulation in the
walls.   With this weather, it's a terrible place to be.

Should the home inspector have noticed the size of the boiler or the lack of
insulation - and pointed it out?  Is there any recourse against the
contractor who put in the boiler and inadequate heating system?

Does it sound like it could have been a code violation?   Is there any
recourse for that?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Best regards,

Phyllis E. Dubrow | Attorney at Law

60 East 42nd Street, Suite 4600 | New York NY  10165

T: (212) 661-2885 | F: (212) 409-8682 | E: pdubrow at pipeline.com