[Fredslist] Join me on March 3--Patient Safety Seminar

absandpe at aol.com absandpe at aol.com
Fri Feb 14 14:36:02 EST 2014

 Dear Gotham:

My firm is sponsoring an event next month that should be of interest to everyone because we are all patients at one point or another. As many of you know, I have been an advocate for patient safety for more than 20 years and on March 3 at 5:00pm  we are supporting an interesting, educational discussion about improvements in local patient safety efforts, along with an opportunity for networking.  The evening includes a light supper.

For the first time on Long Island, Ronald M. Wyatt MD, director in the Division of Healthcare Improvement at The Joint Commission  will be addressing the public on patient safety. The Joint Commission is a not-for-profit that accredits hospitals and health organizations nationally.   Dr. Wyatt will address his role in quality improvement and patient safety, and his larger role to influence public policy and legislation for patient safety improvements. He serves as the lead patient safety information and education resource within The Joint Commission.

Our other speakers include:

·        Trisha Torrey, About.com’s expert on patient empowerment issues.  Following her misdiagnosis she published three books .

·        Jack M. Rubenstein, MD, FACP,   an Internist with the North Shore LIJ Health System and  Medical Director at the Health System. He is now the Medical Director of the Clinical Reasoning Consultation Program,  Associate Professor of Medicine at Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine and a founding member of the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine.

The networking supper begins at 5pm and the program at 6:00 PM at theHoliday Inn Plainview  Early bird rate of $35.00 is until February 20. Please gowww.patientsafetypartners.org to register orlet me know and we will register you.

 Thank you!

 Annamarie Bondi-Stoddard, Esq.
Managing Partner
Pegalis & Erickson, LLC
Attorneys At Law
Representing Plaintiffs in Medical Malpractice Actions
1 Hollow Lane, Suite 107
Lake Success, NY   11042
516.684.2900
www.pegalisanderickson.com