[Fredslist] CUBA DRIVE! Final Call

Barry Malter BMalter at atny.biz
Wed Feb 5 23:53:03 EST 2014

Dear Gotham,
My daughter Hannah 15, is working hard to bring supplies to Cuba next week (Feb 13th)   as part of her Teen led mission to Cuba. (details below)  As the charter flight  to Cuba can accommodate over a ton of supplies we still have space left for :
- Pink Bismuto, > - Vitamins C, > - Multivitamins, > - Cough Suppressants, > - Glucosamine, > - Pentofixiline, > - Tylenol Cold, > - Advil, > - Arthrithis cream relief for Severe Pain
> - Antacid, >Azithromycin 250 and 500 mg, Amoxicillin 250 and 500 mg, Prednisone 5 mg, Robitussin, Excedrin, Bengay cream, Nasal drops for congestion, Children vitamins
, Omeprazol, > Toothpaste > - Soap > new / gently used shoes - sneakers
All supplies can be shipped to :
Crowne Plaza at Miami International Airport
950 N.W. Lejeune Road
Miami, Florida 33126

ATT: J-Teen Cuba Trip / Ronnie Siegel – Hannah Malter

---------------------------
Over President’s weekend in February, I will be participating in a Teen-Led Humanitarian Service Trip to Cuba organized by J-Teen Leadership (www.jteenleadership.org<http://www.jteenleadership.org>) with teens/parents from Westchester County and Connecticut. We have received special approval from the United States Government to travel to Cuba for humanitarian purposes to assist the Jewish Community in Havana.  I would like to invite you to help support our efforts by making a donation to our supply drive.  Any amount helps us to make a difference.  Our group will deliver 100% of the proceeds directly to the Jewish community of Havana.  We will use these donations to purchase the supplies needed from wish lists we have received from the three synagogue communities in Havana.  We will be bringing clothing, personal hygiene items (last year there was a shortage of toothpaste in Cuba) and Jewish ritual objects.
We will be spending time in Havana visiting with the Jewish community of Havana and learning about their lives under communism.  We will be attending Shabbat services and eating meals with the community. In addition to bringing needed supplies, we will have to chance to do home visits with elderly residents who are supported by B’nai Brith Cuban Jewish Relief Project.  We are also planning hands-on projects with children at Adath Israel synagogue and the Patronato Community Center Hebrew School.
If you would like to make a donation to our Supply Drive, please send a check payable to “J-Teen Leadership” (tax deductible) to Ronnie Siegel, J-Teen Leadership, 701 Westchester Avenue, Suite 203E, White Plains, NY 10604 by Tuesday, February 11, 2014. If of course you would prefer to donate specific items, please see list above.
I am excited about being part of the ongoing effort to support the Jewish community of Havana.  What’s most exciting is that the supply and donation drive is a teen-led effort. Thank you for your support!  I look forward to posting pictures and sharing my experiences when I return.
Sincerely,
Hannah Malter

Barry Malter

Advantage Technologies, Inc.