[Fredslist] Corey Bearak AWARD

Corey Bearak bearak at me.com
Wed Feb 5 18:31:16 EST 2014

Phil,

Thanks but all I did was know to put you in touch with the Fortune Society

There Vice President of Development and Public Affairs Glenn Martin and John Gordon took care of the rest.  I met Glenn through Gabriel Torres Rivera who runs a monthly roundtable on re-entry for the Community Service Society. (That was during my pre-Gotham days networking but not knowing I was so doing.)

I have been familiar with the society since for as long as I've been out of college.  Worked with them a bit when I was counsel and chief of staff to the Council Member who chaired the Council's Committee on Public Safety (which back then had oversight on EVERY NYC criminal justice agency and issue) and later was the chief advisor on "justice" issues in my role as Legislative Counsel to the Borough President of the Bronx.

-Corey

Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counsel
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Bearak at me.com ♦ StrategicPublicPolicy.com ♦ Bearak on Twitter
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]