[Fredslist] The GOtham Green Awards were a rousing success. We couldn't hope for a better outcome

Sherry Rivera sherryrivera1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:28:19 EST 2014

This success can be directly attributed to the Gothamites that helped us
get the large number of applications that we had.  *We thank you for your
cooperation.*  You know who you are.

>From a wonderful, highly qualified pool of applicants we selected 8 winners
all who were truly thrilled to be recognized for their efforts and
ingenuity.  Listening to each winner present their vision and what they do
was truly inspiring.   Fred was touched by the enthusiasm and dedication
these winners spoke with about their product or service, how creative they
were and how they really are doing amazing things to "Save the World"!!  I
like to watch him KVELL.

Another amazing thing happened and that was that many participants found
that they have a synergy and could work together.  For example, the company
that uses waste cooking oil to create fuel for vehicles and heating said
they could provide material to the person who uses food waste to create an
additive for soil.  There were several people who talked about doing
business together or learning from one another.  The people involved were
fascinated by their fellow winners and what they are doing.  This was a
perfect example of what we hope to do in the Green group which is to have
members that work together, support one another, help one another explore
new business opportunities.  No effort was needed.  It happened naturally

The excitement and energy in the room was not by coincidence. It took lots
of planning, again Gotham membership support with applicants, support from
volunteers like GOtham Green's good friend Paul Sladkus of Good News
Broadcasting who video taped the event, Brett Deutsch who took pictures,
Susan Zinder who was so helpful in getting us going when we were slacking
at the beginning and throughout the process, and Fred, Josh, Corey and
myself who BELIEVED, planned and ended up feeling proud of our efforts.

Really wish you could have been there.  When we know where the video can be
seen and some of the pictures we will share with you.

--
*Sherry Rivera*
LEED Green Associate

*Indoor Air Quality, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability*
*Financing for Commercial Real Estate and Green projects*

100 North Village Avenue Suite 21
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
516 458-5384 Mobile
516 594-1400 Office