[Fredslist] Gotham Night at the Movies at Friars

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Wed Aug 27 11:45:55 EDT 2014

Hello Along the Network:

At a lunch some weeks ago, Fred and my daughter Alexandra (Ali-Gotham Young Pros) and I conceived the idea of having a Gotham Movie Night, which culminated in yesterday's evening screening of one of the funniest movies ever made:  "National Lampoon's Animal House".  The movie's debut coincided with my sophomore year in college, and quite frankly, nothing has ever been quite the same.  The late, great John Belushi stole the show, and every single scene is an uproarious gem.  There was soda, popcorn and both pre- and post- drinks at the Friar's bar.  In short, everyone had a ball.

Attendees included our fearless leader, Fred Klein, Paul Sladkus, Mitch Tobol, Bob Sommerfield, Matt Plociak, Anne Bonfiglio, Mike Landrum, Barbara Schwartz, Bruce Swicker, Jose Villa, my daughter Ali and yours truly.   Considering that the calendar shows that we're in late August, I think that's a pretty good turnout, and everyone had a terrific time in the classic George Burns Room at Friars.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next screening.  I'm thinking about the original, 1967 version of Mel Brooks' magnum opus, "The Producers".

Best to all, LJM

Lucas J. Meyer
5th Street Advisors, LLC
Registered Investment Advisor