[Fredslist] Constant Contact warning

Michelle Maratto MMaratto at itkowitz.com
Mon Apr 28 12:15:32 EDT 2014

Wow.  Thank you for that warning, Peter.  I use BOTH Constant Contact (for my law firm marketing) and MailChimp (for marketing in a real estate venture I am part of).

Constant Contact DOES allow you to EXPORT your contact list to yourself periodically, which I do, because I am paranoid about exactly what you describe herein.  When I do an export, I make sure I export all the fields I can - such as the one that indicates when I imported the contact or when the person subscribed themselves.

Having said that, MailChimp does indeed seem easier to use.  I am newer to it, but I think I like it better.  I cannot speak to how secure your data is there.

Thank you again for this warning.

Michelle

Michelle Maratto Itkowitz
Partner
Itkowitz PLLC
26 Broadway, 21st Floor
New York, New York 10004
P: (646) 822-1805
F: (212) 822-1401
mmaratto at itkowitz.com<mailto:mmaratto at itkowitz.com>
http://www.itkowitz.com<http://www.itkowitz.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. Do not read this if you are not the person (s) named. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner; you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.