[Fredslist] Need advice from a NYC residential architect or engineer:

Phyllis E. Dubrow pdubrow at pipeline.com
Mon Oct 21 20:09:58 EDT 2013

Dear Gotham:

My client is selling a coop apartment on Central Park West that fulfills the
Building Code requirements for a residential unit.  The 1980 Certificate of
Occupancy says that it's a "doctor's office," however.

The 1984 Offering Plan has a representation by the Sponsor that the
Certificate of Occupancy will be amended to show residential usage.  The C/O
was never amended, however.

Question(s):

Is there an expert in this field who can tell me (a) what are the steps that
will be needed in order to get the C/O amended, (b) how long it will take,
and (c) what the cost might be - presuming that no additional alterations
will be necessary?

Bonus question:  Is this something that the unit owner/shareholder will have
to cover the cost for, or should the coop corporation be paying for it?

Thanks, experts!

Phyllis E. Dubrow | Attorney at Law

60 East 42nd Street, Suite 4600 | New York NY  10165

T: (212) 661-2885 | F: (212) 409-8682 | E: pdubrow at pipeline.com