[Fredslist] MTA Payroll Tax

Alan Klein alan.klein at acepayroll.com
Sun Oct 13 08:47:49 EDT 2013

The proper way it should have been handled was to keep paying the tax but
to file a protective relief claim which, if the tax was overturned this
would allow a taxpayer to file for refunds including those past the statue
of limitations period.  Anyone who chose not to pay the tax or to file an
amended return claiming a refund will wind up paying the tax with penalty
and interest.