[Fredslist] Contango hiring again! Job Description attached

Danny Mizrahi dm at contangoit.com
Sun Nov 10 16:54:05 EST 2013

Hi All,

I put this ad out on Craigslist. If you think there's anyone I should meet,
please feel free!

Contango IT:  Consultant/Engineer Position

IT Consulting firm is looking for a motivated consultant and engineer to
join our team.  We focus on both Traditional Infrastructure as well Cloud
Computing.  We provide custom IT Consulting and Support for our clients, as
opposed to selling a Managed Service platform.

Important:  Applicants must write a cover letter describing why they match
the description below and address all three lists.  If you do not have
experience in all of the below, that is fine, but please make a note of the
ones you are unfamiliar.  It is not a requirement to know everything below,
but they should all be addressed.  This is important, as we need a way to
rule out the 100+ resumes we receive online.

Job Description:

   -

   This is a full time, salary position for an IT Consultant/Engineer who
   will be responsible for supporting multiple businesses across many
   industries. The following will be expected of the consultant:
   -

      Meet with business owners on a weekly basis, analyze their current
      setup, and provide recommendations on improvements to sales
stuff within 3
      days of initial assessment.
      -

      Provide detailed recommendations, including line items for each task
      with times
      -

      Provide strong and detailed comments on all of your recommendations,
      including why you made the recommendation.
      -

      Review quotes with sales staff to send out to business owners
      -

      Provide a high level of documentation of every client including
      network diagrams, passwords, and other client specific information
      -

      Document all procedures that were performed at client including time
      spent, and report back to dispatcher with any follow up items
      -

      Be able to provide group training on services such as Google Apps and
      Hosted Exchange, including groups that are 10 or more
      -

      Oversee and plan multiple projects at once, and execute those
      projects, which may include weekend or overtime tasks
      -

      Support multiple clients on a daily basis remotely and onsite
      -

      Has experience with Cabling and/or Building out Server Rooms

   -

   Character Traits:
   -

      Hard Working, analytical, forward-thinking, team player, fast-paced,
      outstanding communication skills (55+ WM), ability to learn technologies
      quickly.
      -

      Examples of dealing with tough clients/scenarios
      -

      Examples of troubleshooting without assistance from a Senior Engineer
      -

      Writing Samples, showing your grammar and communication skills
      -

      Examples of technologies you had little to no experience in, but were
      able to teach yourself quickly
      -

      Ability to work after hours and on weekends, as needed by our clients

   -

   Core Technologies:
   -

      Server 2003/2008/2012
      -

      Virtualization including VMware and Hyper-V
      -

      Cisco Firewalls and Switches, including CLI-based routers
      -

      Cloud technologies including Google Apps, Microsoft 365, Rackspace
      Cloud / Hosted Exchange and Amazon Web Services
      -

      Strong understanding of DNS and types of records
      -

      Offsite backup
      -

      Disaster Recovery Planning and simulation
      -

      End-user support, customer service

We pride ourselves in honesty, transparency and teamwork, internally as
well as with our clients.  We are an IT company that does not focus on
Managed Services, and therefore provide hourly consulting for our 170+
clients, mainly in the New York City area, but across the world.  Our main
office is located near Grand Central.

We are a youthful team that likes to work hard and play hard, and we are
looking for the self-motivated cream of the crop.

Pros:

Full-time Position

Travel may be necessary (we have traveled to Chicago, Miami, LA and San
Antonio thus far)

Great team to work with

Very mature business, ready to expand!

Business Systems (Contact Management, Email, Calendaring, Project
Management, Dispatching), are all utilizing Cloud technology and is proven
to work efficiently

Office near Grand Central

Possible Bonuses / Other Incentives

Miscellaneous Entertainment Perks (Tickets, Events)

Cons:

Health Insurance currently not provided, but hopefully soon

Salary position that may require more than 40 Hours per week

 Danny Mizrahi

 228 East 45th Street
 Suite 11 South
 New York, NY  10017