[Fredslist] Give Back on Memorial Day

Tom Gallin tomg at gallin.com
Thu May 23 11:32:47 EDT 2013

Please help my 11 year old son, Jake, help our Blue and Gold Star Military Families.  A "Blue Star" signifies that there is a family member who is serving in the Armed Forces.  A "Gold Star" signifies that a loved one has died while serving our country.  When Jake was 8 ½ he learned that  1% of our Nation is protecting the other 99% of our Nation and was moved to action.  He realized that the family members left behind do not receive any additional help while their loved one is away.  He has asked that people recognize the sacrifice that these families also make.   Please help our Military Families in any way that you can to make their lives 1% easier -offer them assistance with household chores such as yard work, shovel the driveway, ask your children to have a play date with their children, or at least say thanks.
In an effort to help more families, Jake founded Stars for Cars (www.starsforcars.org), a program that supports our Military Families by selling magnetic star shaped car decals.  He designed the decals himself.  We have partnered with the USO and all of the proceeds go their programs that help the Military Families.  If you can, please spread the word about Jake's program-Stars for Cars- and of course buy a Star ($10 donation).  For more information about Jake's mission and to purchase a Star, visit starsforcars.org.  You can also find him on Facebook and Twitter, as he writes his own blog.  Thank you for your support and please keep these families in your prayers.

Regards,
Tom Gallin, Jr.  LEED AP
John Gallin & Son, Inc.
Over 125 Years of Construction Excellence
212-252-8900
www.gallin.com