[Fredslist] Strategy Director/ Media Planner (extraordinaire) position

Eric Krause ersusgroup at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:10:02 EDT 2013

Hello Tribe:

My firm is on an exclusive executive search for a Strategy Director/Media
Planner (extraordinaire) for a NYC based global media agency.  I will reply
to anyone who meets the minimum requirements.  My direct email address is
ersusgroup at gmail.com.  The description is as follows:

Objectives of the Role:

To provide overall strategic leadership of clients' businesses and
department.

Strategy Department Vision & Objectives

*	To inspire the future for our clients and our Agency
*	To lead future agency thinking
*	To develop strategies that act as springboards to realizing that
future
*	To ensure that strategy is in all our work and followed through from
idea to execution

Business Responsibilities:

*	The lead on media strategy, product, and campaign management. They
are fully embedded on each client team and are accountable for the product
from the earliest stages of the planning process through campaign execution
and measurement. They will partner with the Client Relationship lead and
interface with senior executives at our clients as well as the leadership
team in our Media Strategy Team.
*	Serve as a thought leader in developing communications strategies
that activate consumer insights and drive innovation for clients. Is seen as
key partner and invaluable/ trusted business advisor to clients at the
highest level, with a seat at the top table
*	Oversees, understands and is accountable for the whole product -
from strategy to planning to activation
*	Develops and is accountable for distilling the client brief and
translating that into an insights-led media strategy and communication brief
with clear media objectives which is then executed across the entire
marketing mix
*	Works collaboratively with Insights team to analyzes client business
situation and identify key objectives for communications
*	Leads development of end-to-end customer journeys /experience and
identifies key roles for media; defines how media should complement and
connect with other marketing activities
*	Owns and leads continuous innovation of the agency's product
ensuring the use of strategy & insights in a coordinated manner working
towards the same goals
*	Develops product and process innovation including briefs,
"inside-out" workshops, Connection Planning sessions and others to enhance
our propositions on how we use communications to grow our clients businesses
*	Ensures that strategy is followed-through to execution
*	Partners with Ideas & Planning team throughout the plan build
ensuring that the strategy is inspiring and actionable. Is open to strategy
evolution along the way
*	Co-authors & presents plan presentation with Ideas & Planning team
*	Works in partnership with Accountability & Performance group to
ensure appropriate measurement plans are in place and executed flawlessly
*	Collaborates with partner agencies to integrate messaging and
creative campaigns into overall media/communications plans
*	Injects creative stimulus into the agency to challenge, push and
generate more inspiring thinking and execution
*	Develops strategic intelligence via keeping abreast of industry
developments, macro and consumer trends, technology (tablet, other tech
devices) etc.

People Responsibilities:

*	Fosters collaboration between teams across internal business units,
markets, regions and disciplines, creating a learning culture
*	Acts as an expert consultant or "sounding board" for the teams
within areas of responsibility
*	Proactively brings the most appropriate Media Strategy Team
resources to bear on the business. Serves as a gateway to the broader Media
Strategy Team network of resources
*	Demonstrates passion for managing, motivating and developing team
*	Provides inspirational mentoring, constructive coaching, and
frequent feedback about job performance in addition to yearly appraisals
*	Share lessons learned with the team
*	Nurtures and grow teams and associates to be qualified to take on
strategy positions themselves. Is vocal and proactive in high-potential's
development

Skills and Behaviors:

*	Resilience, smart thinking & an innovative outlook
*	Active/passionate interest in advertising/media strategy,
technology, popular culture, current events and their subsequent impact on
business
*	Forward thinking/big picture/visionary
*	Strong influence and persuasive skills
*	Willing to appropriately challenge clients and colleagues based on
proven case knowledge and experience
*	Track record of building strong client relationships at senior
levels
*	Superior communication skills - written & presentation
*	Solid understanding of the principles of media and able to think
across the whole media mix, marketing and advertising, as well as an
understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
*	Solid understanding of media data sources and research tools in
terms of what is measured, the method and information reported
*	Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
*	Detail oriented, resourceful & self-motivated. Ability to manage
multiple projects and requests from numerous groups

Qualifications and Other Relevant Information:

*	Bachelor's Degree preferred, MBA a plus - concentration in
Advertising, Marketing, Business Administration, and/or Communications
*	10+ years overall industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in
providing strategic guidance to clients across a diverse spectrum of client
categories

The Ersus Group, LLC
Technical and Executive Search
"Dedicated to the Search for Excellence"
Eric Krause

609-371-7658
 <mailto:ersusgroup at gmail.com> ersusgroup at gmail.com