[Fredslist] [Gclist] HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOTHAM CO-FOUNDER FRED KLEIN

Gerald Goldhaber geraldgoldhaber at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 15:17:45 EDT 2013

The best birthday present I can think of for Fred is the knowledge that he has created from a small, interesting group of idealistic professionals one of the most powerful and effective networking organizations in the NE, if not further.  His boundless energy, never-ending optimism, sense of pride and vision (yes, he does have a big picture in mind), his innovativeness in presenting new ideas at a breathtaking speed that somehow catch on because he has the gift of contaminating others with his energy, goals and love for what we have done and what we can be.  Fred sees the future and acts on those thoughts...I know firsthand when he got so excited about finding Expert Witnesses in Gotham that I immediately was fused with his energy and presence and  became relentless in developing this innovative group (yeh, we don't eat at the Friars...lol)...when he hinted that my professional polling might be helpful to Gotham...(Who knew it would become one of
 Gotham's most popular features drawing typically 1/4 to 1/2 of Gotham members every poll...FRED DID! and I caught the disease....He told me early on it was better to give than receive and I have devoted my membership in Gotham to that principal and guess what, folks, it really does feel good to help someone out whether it's to get a new apartment or to fight the landlord in an existing apartment, whether it's to find a good cheesecake in NYC or a good  cheese in Tuscany...who would have thought that the Gotham magic, inspired by Fred's philosophy of giving over receiving would  become so infectious that no cure is in sight and no medication to minimize its effects...literally thousands of us help each other annually and that's with a membership of less than 1000.  Yes, Fred, it may be your birthday, but we got the present....your inspiration and dreams have become realities that have had REAL IMPACT ON PEOPLE's LIVES...how many of us can say
 that....My mother's last few years were made better by advice I got and followed from Gotham's Elder Advocate, Jack Halpern.  My son's musical career has benefited from Gotham's contacts and promotion of his records and appearances, my business has benefited in many, many ways from meeting with Gotham members and soliciting their advice on doing things better so I can be more effective....I have retained Gotham lawyers to fight my battles and used Gotham marketing people to help me shape my ideas....And, yes, I have helped many Gotham members with personal issues and professional concerns...Fred, I don't know if you ever envisioned the impact your fledgling organization and petrie-dish idea would have in our 16th year, but you HAVE MADE A REAL DIFFERENCE IN OUR QUALITY OF LIVES...You can be proud of this major birthday present from us to you...GOTHAM WORKS, GOTHAM DOES HAVE MAGIC, GOTHAM DOES HELP FORM NEW PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS...And,
 yes, I even go to hated Yankee Stadium 1-2 times/year with a Gotham member's tickets in trade for similar seats at Fenway Park...If Gotham can bring the Red Sox and Yankees together, is peace in the Middle East around the corner...how about a Jerusalem and a West Bank  Chapter!   Congratulations to you Fred and much love to you and your family as you celebrate your birthday.   I know you will enjoy your present as much as we do and how rare is that!!   Tonight I will toast you and wish you much love.    Dr Gerry Goldhaber, Gotham Pollster and Chair/GC, Gotham Expert Witness Group

Gerald M. Goldhaber, Ph.D.President and CEO
GRA, LLC
800 6th Avenue, Suite 26G
New York, NY 10001

(212)379-6661 (O)(917)279-2303 (Cell)