[Fredslist] Assistance needed (volunteer?) for 501(c)(3) certification

Mikel Hoffman mjhnyslaw at mac.com
Sat Mar 23 15:48:29 EDT 2013

I am  donating my legal services to a  fledging charity providing healthcare services in rural Africa.  The charity looks to provide support to a  noted surgeon from West Islip, NY,  who has made a number of trips to Africa without remuneration or reimbursement for expenses, performing dozens of operations under primitive conditions.  My  local community, many who live by the Gotham philosophy  "its better to give than receive",  is looking to support the Dr.'s  continued endeavor.   We could use assistance (volunteer?) for the filing and approval of an IRS 501(c)(3)  so that he can accept donations and obtain grants for supplies and equipment.

I already reviewed the IRS website but anyone experienced in 501c3's, I welcome the advice or assistance.

Mikel J. Hoffman
Mikel J. Hoffman, PC
193 East Main St.
Babylon, New York 11702