[Fredslist] Seek law position

ruth at 1010optics.com ruth at 1010optics.com
Tue Jul 16 19:34:07 EDT 2013

From my friend:

Daniel Mitzner
I am a 2011 graduate of St. John’s University School of Law and am admitted to the New York State Bar.  Until recently, I was the United States Programs Officer for the Auschwitz Institute for Peace and Reconciliation (“AIPR”).  After working for a not-for-profit organization for several years, I am now seeking to transition to private firm practice or public service.

Through my varied legal coursework and work experience, I gained not only knowledge of the law but I also developed strong legal research, writing and advocacy skills. Additionally, working for AIPR has ensued in me a strong sense of responsibility, effective interpersonal and time management skills.  At AIPR, I established and cultivated partnerships with various U.S. government agencies and other not-for-profit organizations, and consulted with our partners on genocide and human rights issues that are pertinent to their operations.  In addition, I researched and wrote grant proposals, organized small and large conferences, and ensured that AIPR is in compliance with federal and state laws to maintain 501(c)(3) status.  My prior professional experiences also provided me with the opportunity to develop written and oral advocacy skills as well as valuable practical skills.  As an intern at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), I honed my research and writing skills while researching and drafting legal memoranda on complex administrative issues. At Fischer & Burstein P.C., a small general practice firm, I was exposed to several practice areas including general litigation, estate planning, personal injury, and real estate law, while further developing my research and writing by drafting motions and briefs.

Contact Information:

Daniel Mitzner

5 Margot Place

Great Neck, NY 11023