[Fredslist] Great Opportunity for personal lines risk consultant

CAROL LAROCQUE clarocque at chernoffdiamond.com
Mon Jul 15 16:37:33 EDT 2013

This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and licensed personal lines risk manager/consultant (auto and home insurance), to join a 38 year old firm of 140 plus employees in Garden City, Long Island. This department is growing steadily, working on larger cases for the more affluent market, and needs to add a bright individual with strong communication skills to their staff of 16.  If you know someone who might be appropriate, please feel free to pass this along to them.  Very competitive salary (65k to 80k), plus bonuses, generous benefits and an excellent career path.
This position is not open to recruiters (sorry!)

CONTACT: Carol LaRocque  clarocque at chernoffdiamond.com<mailto:clarocque at chernoffdiamond.com> 516-247-3388

Division/Department:
Property/Casualty Insurance – Risk Management Services
Responsibilities to Include:
 Service and maintain all aspects of a variety of Personal Accounts
 Responsible for renewal marketing of existing accounts.
 Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
 Identify cross marketing opportunities.
 Round out accounts.
 Review applications and policies for accurate information.
 Strong knowledge of Property, Liability, Auto, Watercraft, Recreational Vehicles, Collections, Flood and Umbrella
coverage.
 Ability to identify and explain coverage and gaps in coverage.
 Experience with navigation and on-line rating on company websites.
 Preparing Reports and Proposals.
 General processing – claims reporting, auto ID cards, Certificates of Insurances, Binders, etc.
Miscellaneous:
 Active NY Brokers License required.
 Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
 Knowledge of Applied Systems (TAM) a plus.
Characteristics of suitable applicant:
 Goal oriented
 Must have excellent oral skills and possess the ability to intelligently explain property/casualty insurance.
 Team player.
 Must be organized.
 5+ years related industry experience
Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Life & Supplemental Life, Short Term and Long Term
Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Section 125 plan, Business Travel Accident, 401(k) plan with 50% company match.
We also offer “Summer Fridays” and our dress code is business casual.
About Us:
Chernoff Diamond is a rapidly growing Benefits and Risk Management Consulting Firm that advises local and national clients. Our
culture is diverse, our atmosphere is intellectually stimulating and we are seeking energetic, motivated, goal-oriented professionals
to join our team. We offer the possibility of advancement in an exciting, fast-paced environment.

Carol LaRocque
Senior Manager, Recruiting and Development
[cid:image001.gif at 01CE8179.9B191020]<http://www.chernoffdiamond.com/>
Benefits & Risk Management Consultants
Business Smart
990 Stewart Avenue – Suite 520
Garden City, NY 11530-4869
Direct: 516-247-3388
C: 516-857-3137
T: 516-683-6100
F: 516-683-6163
clarocque at chernoffdiamond.com<mailto:clarocque at chernoffdiamond.com>
www.chernoffdiamond.com<http://www.chernoffdiamond.com/>
GARDEN CITY, NY     NEW YORK, NY     GLASTONBURY, CT
[cid:image002.png at 01CE8179.9B191020]<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=91424132&authType=name&authToken=DNUj&goback=%2EconC:\Users\jbenty\Documents\Any%20Video%20Converter>[cid:image003.jpg at 01CE8179.9B191020]<https://twitter.com/#!/ChernoffDiamond>