[Fredslist] Fwd: Where have the geese gone?

Fred Klein FKlein at kleinzelman.com
Wed Jul 3 20:26:16 EDT 2013

Lee has performed miracles for us. He is a true outdoorsman-naturalist.  See below.

Sent from
 my iPhone Fred

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Napolitano <paul at twosonsenv.com<mailto:paul at twosonsenv.com>>
Date: July 3, 2013, 3:50:29 PM EDT
To: 'Fred Klein' <FKlein at kleinzelman.com<mailto:FKlein at kleinzelman.com>>, 'Freds List' <fredslist at gothamnetworking.com<mailto:fredslist at gothamnetworking.com>>
Subject: RE: [Fredslist] Where have the geese gone?

Although I think Carol's explanation is the most plausible (Geese are vacationing in Hamptons), please see below for a technical explanation from the best wildlife control expert on Long Island.

Paul

Paul Napolitano
President, Critter Cleanup

Office 516 922 3653
Cell 516 287 4159

www.CritterCleanupNY.com<http://www.crittercleanupny.com/>

[cid:1.3985425600 at web111612.mail.gq1.yahoo.com]

Up until recently the gosling hatch from this year was pre-flight. I have noticed a decrease in goose activity on some of my control properties this past week. The goslings have probably achieved flight which in that area would likely cause them to sleep on the water at night. Another possible explanation would be that they have depleted the longer, better tasting blades of grass from that median and have moved on to more opportune feeding now that the young can fly. You will probably see an increase in activity around August. That is when the geese will molt their feathers and will be flightless for a period of time. I hope you find this information useful. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Lee Raptakis

Lee's Wildlife Services

(516) 578-7978