[Fredslist] Is Gotham helping you? Cool-Aid quenshes my thirst! Thanks!

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Sat Jan 5 17:23:13 EST 2013

Gotham,
At this time every year I am asked by numerous people in Gotham why they should re-up. I was thinking of setting the reasons to a jaunty tune or  a David letterman type list but I have been thinking that those methods really dilute  what Gotham has to offer.  It is said often I know, but in the end "you get out what you put in", it is true of Gotham as many things in life.

I have people ask me "how much business have you gotten from Gotham"  and I tell them it is not what it is about, it is about the relationships and friendships I have built, it is about the people.  I have and continue to try to respond to many requests for help on Fredslist and otherwise, in the grand scheme of things I would like to think that that is why all of these people have helped me this year.

Mitch Tobol with my business plan (and our nifty new Gotham website!),
Suzanne Neilson helping me bring order and organization to my office(my desk in particular),
My 2012 Co-networker of the year Corey Bearak for introductions and opportunities in my new synagogue design venture,
Janet Sullivan for the opportunity to help her and her husband with their property,
Fred Klein for the many times I have bent his ear for advice,
Deidre Gutter for helping me find a great young architect for my office,
Michael Appell for always thinking of me in numerous project opportunities,
Steve and Erin current networkers of the year for their suggestions on improving Gotham lunches!
Susan Zinder for 44 years of advice (including the best, to join Gotham! Love you!)

Also the many, many more people who have responded to my numerous fredslist inquires, calls for help and advice, and all of those who joined me on my highline tour (next one in the spring) and wishing everyone in Gotham a great New Year of catching a bit of "what goes around".

So to those that have questioned why rejoin I am left a bit of a loss, Gotham gives me so much how could I not, and if Gotham is not giving to you it means you are not taking part, and as a result you are missing out on a wonderful opportunity socially, professionally and in business.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2013 at the Friars club, highline tour and other Gotham events!!!!!!

All the best!

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal