[Fredslist] Blackberry vs. Galaxy: This came from Phyllis Duborw

Diane DiResta diane at diresta.com
Thu Feb 21 13:24:48 EST 2013

Thank you Phyllis.

Diane

>From a friend of mine who loves his Galaxy but also loved his BlackBerry:

From: Nicholas Wolfson [mailto:nw at nicholaswolfson.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:42 PM
To: pdubrow at pipeline.com
Subject: RE: Question re Samsung Galaxy

Ah good question.
When I got my Galaxy IIIs I didn't even know about the Note 2.  I love the
Galaxy IIIs but I might have gotten the Note 2 instead.  A consideration
would be the larger size of the Note 2 - would it fit in my pocket as nicely
as the Galaxy?  Something to determine at the phone store..

(on Verizon) the Android operating system requires you to set up a
google/gmail account.  So far one can sync (& easily keep updated) Outlook
Calendar and Google calendar (on laptop/desktop and on the Samsung
handheld).  One can't (yet) sync contacts.  So have to migrate Outlook
contacts to Google Contacts, and it's an annoyance.  Google contacts is no
match for the Outlook contacts system, and it's too bad they can't talk to
each other.  This is a big disadvantage viz the Blackberry, where syncing
was a cinch.   Also, the email program that comes with the Samsung (Note &
Galaxy) is pretty bad.  But there's a gazillion apps for Android, and I use
one called AquaMail which is pretty good.

The Blackberry remains the unparalleled communication (email & text)
machine.  Nothing anywhere is as good as that Blackberry keyboard.  And it
danced wonderfully with Outlook.  For blackberry user, these super Samsung
handheld-computer-with-phone devices take some getting used to.  But the are
amazing amazing machines.  Dig the big, clear screen.  Reading Kindle books
on the subway is a joy.  And the choice of free and marvelous apps is
totally compelling.  And I now dictate most of my text messages and emails
right into my Galaxy - the voice-to-text feature works flawlessly.

For me the choice was between the Galaxy and the iPhone 5.  I'm glad I chose
the Galaxy.  I like that I can personalize everying on it - it's massively
programmable.  There's a learning curve, but it's not too painful.

Maybe next time around I'll go for the Note..

DiRCom banner no bend200x35
Communicating with Impact!

31 E32nd Street  Suite 300
New York, NY 10016
Office: 212 481-8484 x.312
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Email:  <blocked::mailto:diane at diresta.com> diane at diresta.com
For a free audio course-7 Deadly Mistakes Speakers Make visit:
<http://www.diresta.com/> diresta.com

Blog:: <http://www.diresta.com/knockoutpresentationsblog> diresta.com/blog

A to Z Public Speaking:  <http://www.atozpublicspeaking.com/>
AtoZPublicSpeaking.com