[Fredslist] Volunteers needed for emergency pet shelter on Long Island

Gail Koelln gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com
Thu Feb 14 15:38:56 EST 2013

Pet Safe Coalition is running a temporary emergency pet shelter for the pets of people displaced by Hurricane Sandy. The shelter is located in Uniondale, Long Island.

The shelter needs experienced dog people to help with walking dogs (i.e. people who are trainers, etc.).

They also need "regular folks" to help with cleaning cages, cutting up blankets for the animals, etc.

I plan to volunteer the last weekend in February.

Anyone interested in volunteering would need a car to get there.

If you want to help, please let me know and I'll connect you with the shelter manager.

Thanks,
Gail

Gail Koelln
President