[Fredslist] Why Green Tourism Should Matter to You

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Thu Feb 7 12:41:20 EST 2013

Gotham
Please see the note below from Michael Kerwin about the event out own green gc Sherry Rivera and I will be sitting on a panel for. Hope to see you there!
All the best josh

I am sometimes asked to define the most surprising thing I have learned about Somerset County since becoming CEO of the Business Partnership back in 2009.  My answer is this: the importance of the tourism and hospitality industry to our local economy.  Statewide, it is New Jersey’s third largest industry.  Here in Somerset County, tourism is a $1.2 billion dollar industry annually.

An important part of the recovery from Hurricane Sandy is the need to promote and rebuild New Jersey in a sustainable way.   Supporting this critically important goal, the Business Partnership is pleased to be collaborating with Fairleigh Dickinson University, the NJ Chapter of the Green Building Council, and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection to present a Green Tourism and Hospitality Conference on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at the DoubleTree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in Somerset.

Here is what the conference means to you and your business:

• Techniques to make your facility more sustainable
• Tools to promote your company’s green image and values
• Access to nationally recognized leaders in the area of sustainable tourism
• Opportunities to reach potential business clients.
• A reduced conference price which includes continental breakfast, lunch and dessert reception in the afternoon

Though the conference is focused on hospitality and tourism, the agenda is appropriate and valuable to almost any business.  So please plan to join us for this event.

For more information please go to:  http://www.scbp.org/greenprograms/registration/

Thank you.

If you have any questions about this event, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Michael Kerwin
President & CEO
[http://somersetcntybusinessparntershipnjassoc.weblinkconnect.com/external/wcpages/wcmedia/images/SCBP%20Logo.EMAIL.jpg]<http://www.scbp.org/> [http://somersetcntybusinessparntershipnjassoc.weblinkconnect.com/external/wcpages/wcmedia/images/EMAIL%20PIC.TOURISM.jpg] <http://www.visitsomersetnj.org/>
360 Grove Street|Bridgewater, NJ 08807
MKerwin at scbp.org<mailto:MKerwin at scbp.org> | 908-218-4300 | www.scbp.org<http://www.scbp.org/>
Like us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/SomersetCountyBusinessPartnership> | Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/SCBIZPTRSHP> | Join us on Linkedin<http://www.linkedin.com/company/somerset-county-business-partnership>