[Fredslist] Gotham Young Pro For Hire

Brian Jackson brjackson at fordham.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:47:54 EST 2013

 I would like to start out by saying thanks for the invaluable support, job
leads and advice I have received from numerous Gothamites since I joined
joined the Making a Difference network in 2011. I was recently recruited by
the Young Pros and I am part of the team responsible for organizing the
Battle of the Bands. Truly an outstanding networking group!

This past year I graduated from Fordham University with an MBA in
accounting. In 2008 I enrolled in grad school part-time, while working
full-time as a residence counselor at Fountain House. Since then I gained
professional experience working in non-profit and for profit accounting, I
helped a friend set up an IT financial services LLC, I play bass in a
professional jazz group and continue to provide, what I call "pro bono
social services" to friends and family.

At the moment I am unemployed and having difficulty defining a clear career
objective. However, I can say I have a strong work ethic and am deeply
interested in accounting and finance, as well as non-profit and for profit
health care. I also find the tech sector very compelling, from both an
economic and academic perspective.

Thanks for reading this posting, any advice, opinions or suggestions would
be much appreciated. I am looking forward to the Battle of the Bands on
March 10th and the next Young Pros meeting on March 14th. Attached is my
resume, please feel free to call or email me if you have any ideas.

Best Regards,

Brian Jackson
20 Mead St
New Canaan, CT 06840