[Fredslist] Today Jimi Hendrix closed out Woodstock - Reminiscing.

Kelly Welles kelly at wellesfinancialservices.com
Sun Aug 18 21:39:38 EDT 2013

Thanks Corey. Speaking of Jimi Hendrix and Woodstock (I was not there but always felt a close connection thru Hendix, Havens, Seeger & Guthrie), we almost met; in Sept. of '70. Hendrix was supposed to join a group of us staying at Sara Churchill's home overlooking Montego Bay in Jamaica. But he never made it. That was the weekend he died in London. We were stunned speechless. Later I would meet Richie Havens filming a poetic interpretation of his life (which never was finished due to philosophical differences with the director). I met Richie several times over the years as we shared mutual friends. He was a larger-than-life talent, thinker, metaphysician. He kept a writing pad on his person at all times to capture stream-of-consciousness thoughts & obervations. Everything spoke to him. Particularly the truth. Ironic as his ashes were spread at Woodstock today. I met Pete Seeger at the Newport Folk Festival in 1968. Both his spirit and
 his songs of freedom, truth, liberation and love for one's country and fellow man are considered the roots of Woodstock. Pete and Woodie Guthrie became the twin bellwether voices of our national consciousness. Arlo Guthrie, of course, did sing at Woodstock. I met Arlo at a premiere for Alice's Restaurant. in which he had a supporting role (to Alice). Thanks for the trip down memory lane,

Kelly Welles
Co-chair, NY Health and Aging
2006 Gotham Networker of the Year

Kelly Welles, President
wellesfinancialservices.com
Trusted Advisor to Attorneys and Accountants
Specializing in Insurance and Benefits
733 Third Avenue @46th St. Suite 200
New York, NY 10017
Cell   917-626-8590
Fax   212-541-5900
WELLES FINANCIAL SERVICES
Business & Personal Financial Strategies

Kelly Welles is a Registered Representative and Investment Adviser Representative of Equity Services, Inc.,. Securities and investment advisory services are offered solely by Equity Services, Inc., 733 Third Ave., Suite 200, New York, NY 10017. Tel: 212 986-0400. Member FINRA/SIPC, Broker/Dealer and Registered Investment Advisor Affiliate of National Life Insurance Company (NLIC), Montpelier, Vermont. Welles Financial Services is independent of Equity Services, Inc.