[Fredslist] Response to "Boys' Night Out at Rao's,

Tessa Marquis tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com
Thu Aug 8 09:12:03 EDT 2013

A friend sent me this yesterday, seems to be the followup to Dave's post on
Rao's.

Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas
Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like
alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As
bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.

Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a
couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table and, next to
them, a single red rose!! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of
him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in
perfect order, spotlessly clean.

So is the rest of the house. He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a
huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror.

Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red
with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick:

"Honey, breakfast is on the stove,

I left early to get groceries to make your favorite dinner tonight.

I love you, darling!

Jack stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast,
steaming hot coffee and the mornin newspaper. His 16 year old son is also at
the table, eating.

Jack asks, "Son... What happened last night?"

"Well, you came home after 3 a.m., drunk and out of your mind You fell over
the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got
that black eye when you ran into the door."

Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and
so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me??"

His son replies, "Oh THAT... Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she
tried to take your pants off, you screamed....

"Leave me alone, I'm married!!"

Broken Coffee Table $239.99

Hot Breakfast $4.20

Two Aspirins $.38

Saying the right thing, at the right time. . PRICELESS

Tessa Marquis
Gotham New Haven
New Standard Institute, Inc.

Specializing in Electrical & Mechanical Skills and Maintenance Management
training.
"Training that Works.for People who Work"

84 Broad Street  |  Milford, CT 06460  |  USA
203.783.1582 x101
 <mailto:tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com>
tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com