[Fredslist] HELP...My Laptop is dead

sodhig at gurmeetsodhi.com sodhig at gurmeetsodhi.com
Thu Apr 4 12:40:01 EDT 2013

Hello Fellow Gothamites,

Its with much heavy (and sad) heart I write and share with you all that my laptop is officially dead.

Yes, I am lost and have no where else to turn but to you all. I haven't gone into a state of depression or shock yet, because the severity of the situation hasn't fully hit me yet (only cause I am hoping for a miracle to fix everything and make this all disappear). I know many of you, like me, treasure the existence of your laptop more than anything else (since our entire universe revolves around it).

So I need to retrieve my old files....desperately.....and have to buy a new laptop NOW.  I had an HP and never liked it. So am thinking of going back to Dell or be bold and try a new brand. Any guidance in helping me get my old files and helping me buy a new one will be greatly appreciated.

All recommendation emails are welcome. And all suggestions are also welcome.

Thank you.

Lost and Distressed
Gurmeet K. Sodhi